Obverse: Bust of Cluysenaar A JP CLUYSENAAR ARCHITECT THE ROYAL SOCIETY OF GREAT HARMONY OF BRUSSELS Reverse : Interior of conservatory of music. At left, BEGINS SEPTEMBER 7, 1841 At right, COMPLETES FEBRUARY 6, 1842. Note shocks and scattered scratches, oxidation. The typing is beautiful, beautiful volumes. Hallmark on the edge : No punch.
The stand is not for sale. Support is not for sale.
Early in his career he designed private residences and chateaux, later devoting himself to museums, churches and other monumental buildings, notably the cathedral at Monaco and the conservatory of music in Brussels. This medal, which was formally presented to him on July 15, 1843, commemorates the work of Cluysenaar for the conservatory of music. Coming from a singing school established in 1813 under the Napoleonic Empire in Brussels, then from a Royal School of Music established in 1826 by William I of the Netherlands, the Royal Conservatory of Brussels officially dates from 18321. Providing university-level education in the fields of music and the spoken word, he acquired his letters of nobility through the international stature of successive directors such as François-Joseph Fétis, François-Auguste Gevaert, Edgar Tinel, Joseph Jongen or Marcel Poot. In 1966, a royal decree split the Conservatory into two autonomous linguistic entities: the Royal Conservatory of Brussels which teaches in French, and the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel which teaches in Dutch and English.
While sharing the same buildings, the two institutions are now developing independently. Since 2009, the Francophone Conservatory has partnered with the National School of Visual Arts "La Cambre" and the National Institute of Performing Arts (INSAS) to form ARTes, a dome that brings together these three higher arts schools of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation (the French Community of Belgium), all of which have an international impact and are located in Brussels and which, together, offer access to studies in all organized artistic fields. Intended to train students for the lyrical theater - then very Vogue - and to prepare the best of them for the Imperial Conservatory of Paris, the singing school established in Brussels in 1813 offers singing and music theory classes. Knowing an appreciable success, it develops quickly by the addition of various classes of instruments and becomes, in 1826 and under the impulse of the Government of the Netherlands, the Royal School of Music. When the 1830 revolution interrupted the activities of the Royal School, obli.
Knowing an appreciable success, it develops quick. This item is in the category "Coins & Paper Money\Exonumia\Medals".5" and is located in this country: FR. This item can be shipped worldwide.