Medal Le Prince Napoleon Commission Imperial of the Exhibition 1855 1 15/16in
An Imperial Commission, with Prince Napoleon5 as president and Arlès-Dufour as secretary general, was formed on December 24, responsible for organizing these major events. This commission includes two sections: the Fine Arts section where we find the names of Prosper Mérimée, Eugène Delacroix and Ingres and the Agriculture and Industry section where we find the names of Charles Legentil, Frédéric Le Play, Ferdinand de Lesseps, Émile Pereire, Michel Chevalier6. Originally, the building was intended to house the National Exhibitions which had been held since the Revolution in poorly adapted premises. The design of the building is the result of the collaboration of architect Jean-Marie Victor Viel and engineers Alexis Barrault and Georges Bridel. The 208 meter long facade opened onto a monume.